From: "Wiljan Derks" <Wiljan.Derks@zonnet.nl>
Subject: Re: GNAT and Vista?
Date: Mon, 18 Dec 2006 20:26:37 +0100
Date: 2006-12-18T20:26:37+01:00	[thread overview]

"Bernd Specht" <Bernd.Specht@gmx.com> wrote in message
news:Xns989CA2C5EEF73BerndSpechgmxcom@151.189.20.10...
> Has someone already exxperience with GNAT on Windows Vista?
>
> Does it work? And even such tools like GPS, GVD, AdaGIDE?
>
> Some friends told me that Win32-API based applications are no longer
> supported on Vista (only dot Net).

I did a test driver with vista rc2 with gnat and our own software.
Looks like vista is highly compatible with XP.
I was able to build all our software using gnat on vista.
I also was able to use our device drivers build for XP on Vista without
trouble.
There was some trouble however:
* gcc does not seem to be able to find the compiler gnat1.exe.
   I fixed this by adding the containing directory to the path.
* gps did not start properly but was still usable.
* My own software had some problems with the service interface on vista.
For the rest all my software seems to be running fine.
That includes quite some gui code based on gwindows, some web servers based
on aws.
My conclusion is that it should be easy to switch to vista.

Wiljan