From: jm@bbn.com (John Morrison)
Subject: Re: Unsigned quantities
Date: 20 Sep 89 19:56:58 GMT	[thread overview]

Two days ago, I reported in this newsgroup problems in getting
unsigned types out of our TeleSoft compiler for a protocol
implementation.

Bob Knighten (knighten@pinocchio.encore.com) at Encore was kind enough
to email an explanation of how this behavior is *supposed* to be a
design "feature," not a bug.  (Thanks, Bob!)

Keith (I'm not going embarass myself by trying to spell his last name)
from TeleSoft's Customer Service promptly called and explained that I
am running an old version of their compiler (purchased through Ready
Systems).  Newer vintages of the compiler Do The Right Thing.  He told
me which version to request from Ready Systems.  (Thanks, Keith!)

John Morrison

ARPANET:jmorrison@bbn.com
PHONE  :(617) 873-2648
ADDRESS:BBN Systems & Technologies Corp.
	10 Moulton Street
        Cambridge, Mass.
        02238