From: jm@bbn.com (John Morrison)
Subject: Unsigned quantities
Date: 18 Sep 89 15:58:00 GMT	[thread overview]

We are having a little trouble getting 16-bit unsigned data types for
a protocol implementation out of our TeleSoft compiler.  This seems to
be a general problem.  We can't get the compiler to "forget about"
sign bits.

We've done the obvious things, but the compiler is still rejecting our
rep specs.  Since this is a protocol implementation, we've got no
choice about the representation of the field.

Does anybody know how to do this?  Does anybody know of a better
compiler?

John Morrison

ARPANET:jmorrison@bbn.com
PHONE  :(617) 873-2648
ADDRESS:BBN Systems & Technologies Corp.
	10 Moulton Street
        Cambridge, Mass.
        02238