From: Maciej Sobczak <see.my.homepage@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: design changes per Ada 2005/12?
Date: Sat, 23 Apr 2011 14:27:24 -0700 (PDT)
Date: 2011-04-23T14:27:24-07:00	[thread overview]

On Apr 23, 8:44 am, "Dmitry A. Kazakov" <mail...@dmitry-kazakov.de>
wrote:

> Yes, I have same experience. Interfaces do not work good with generics,
> which should not surprise anybody.

Agree here. This approach seems to be bearable in Java, where standard
collections (java.util.*) are all both generics and interface-based,
but I think this is because all this Java stuff is more dynamically
than statically typed. On the user perspective, the benefits of these
interfaces are close to zero and the very few potential advantages
(like the ability to change the concrete collection type without
modifying all user code) are more results of Java not having type
aliasing (typedefs or renamings) features.

C++ uses non-interface approach and I have never seen a situation
where this was an issue. Ada got it right, too.

--
Maciej Sobczak * http://www.msobczak.com * http://www.inspirel.com