* Cairo Ada binding
@ 2006-10-25 21:46 Damien Carbonne
From: Damien Carbonne @ 2006-10-25 21:46 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi,

I have a working (at least for all tests I have done with it !) Cairo
Ada 95 binding . As soon as Cairo people are OK with it (from Cairo's
viewpoint), I expect to publish it completely on Cairo site.

Till then, I have put its user API here:
http://damien.carbonne.free.fr/cairoada/index.html
All comments would be welcome.

Regards,

Damien Carbonne

* Re: Cairo Ada binding
@ 2006-10-26  9:33 ` deadlyhead
From: deadlyhead @ 2006-10-26  9:33 UTC (permalink / raw)

Damien Carbonne wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have a working (at least for all tests I have done with it !) Cairo
> Ada 95 binding . As soon as Cairo people are OK with it (from Cairo's
> viewpoint), I expect to publish it completely on Cairo site.
>
> Till then, I have put its user API here:
> http://damien.carbonne.free.fr/cairoada/index.html
> All comments would be welcome.
>
> Regards,
>
> Damien Carbonne

Holy crap!  I've been waiting for this (and was planning on creating
one myself once I learned more about creating bindings for Ada).  As
soon as I get GCC 4.2 compiled, I'm going to try and break your binding
for you.

-- Seth

* Re: Cairo Ada binding
@ 2006-10-26  9:50 ` Stephen Leake
From: Stephen Leake @ 2006-10-26  9:50 UTC (permalink / raw)

Damien Carbonne <damien.carbonne@free.fr> writes:

> I have a working (at least for all tests I have done with it !) Cairo
> Ada 95 binding .

What's Cairo?

> As soon as Cairo people are OK with it (from Cairo's viewpoint), I
> expect to publish it completely on Cairo site.
>
> Till then, I have put its user API here:
> http://damien.carbonne.free.fr/cairoada/index.html
> All comments would be welcome.

Provinding a .tar.gz would be good; it's far easier to browse code on
my computer than on the web. Especially if it compiles.

--
-- Stephe

* Re: Cairo Ada binding
@ 2006-10-26 19:12   ` deadlyhead
From: deadlyhead @ 2006-10-26 19:12 UTC (permalink / raw)

Stephen Leake wrote:
> Damien Carbonne <damien.carbonne@free.fr> writes:
>
> > I have a working (at least for all tests I have done with it !) Cairo
> > Ada 95 binding .
>
> What's Cairo?

Cairo is a slick 2D graphics library (not a gui toolkit).  Information
can be had at http://www.cairographics.org.

Interesting things to note are that it is cross-platform, can output to
several different formats including SVG and PDF, and is well on its way
to being hardware accelerated through OpenGL.

Downside?  It's written in C.  ;)

> Provinding a .tar.gz would be good; it's far easier to browse code on
> my computer than on the web. Especially if it compiles.
>
> --
> -- Stephe

* Re: Cairo Ada binding
@ 2006-10-26 21:14   ` Damien Carbonne
From: Damien Carbonne @ 2006-10-26 21:14 UTC (permalink / raw)

Stephen Leake a �crit :

> Provinding a .tar.gz would be good; it's far easier to browse code on
> my computer than on the web. Especially if it compiles.
You can download current version of the binding here :
http://damien.carbonne.free.fr/download/
Some of the possible changes I could make are listed in the TODO file.
Using Cairo with GtkAda needs the addition of a small package
(Gdk.Cairo) that needs to be written.
I expect to put everything soon on Cairo official site.

Regards

Damien