From: Pascal Obry <pascal@obry.net>
To: Simon Wright <simon@pushface.org>
Subject: Re: Should a GUI be separated from the application?
Date: Thu, 28 Sep 2006 18:52:10 +0200
Date: 2006-09-28T18:52:14+02:00	[thread overview]

Simon Wright a �crit :
> Stephen Leake <stephen_leake@stephe-leake.org> writes:
>
>> What other design would you offer?
>
> What about having a browser as the GUI and using AJAX-style HTTP for
> the comms? The back-end would be something like AWS or my EWS
> (http://embed-web-srvr.sourceforge.net).

Indeed, a very nice way to deal with GUI. This is what I call
pluggable-GUI !

> It does mean programming your GUI in HTML/JavaScript which I can agree
> is less than pleasant, but I'm not at all sure that GUI programming in

No. You can use Ajax-XML based control of the GUI. See the AWS's Ajax
Web Elements demos. The application only output XML actions. No HTML or
Javascript messing, the framework is already done by AWS.

> Ada is any less tedious ... and it certainly makes you think about
> separation of concerns!
>
> I have yet to get to grips with XML-formatted (ie, structured)
> Wrox).

Or you haven't looked at AWS recently :)

Pascal.

--|              http://www.obry.net
--|