From: dennison@telepath.com (Ted Dennison)
Subject: Re: Style question: deep inheritance
Date: 9 Dec 2002 07:05:04 -0800
Date: 2002-12-09T15:05:04+00:00	[thread overview]

David95038@aol.com (David Kristola) wrote in message news:<5463bc76.0212060300.2f78f4dc@posting.google.com>...
> > From: Dale Stanbrough
> > I'ld simply suggest that you use the "use" clause
> > to reduce the baggage.
>
> I've been in the defense industry for many long
> years.  I'm still recovering from the "don't use
> use" mentality.  I'll get there eventually.

No rush. I have written quite a few Free Software projects in Ada, and
haven't used "use package" once. Like Ada itself, many of the
development standards from the defense industry are good ones.

I know this is a contraversial subject, and I don't want to get into a
argument with those who think there's nothing wrong with "use
package". I'd just like to point out that there's no reason to loosen
a development standard you find sensible just because your client is
different.