From: dennison@telepath.com (Ted Dennison)
Subject: Re: C programmers and safety critical systems programming
Date: 12 Jun 2002 07:59:01 -0700
Date: 2002-06-12T14:59:01+00:00	[thread overview]

"Marin David Condic" <dont.bother.mcondic.auntie.spam@[acm.org> wrote in message news:<ae5ev2$jc7$1@nh.pace.co.uk>...
> I didn't notice anywhere on the page a means of responding to his editorial.
> It might be beneficial to draw his attention to some of the studies done
> indicating that Ada does result in fewer errors and faster development. He
> might write more about it.

One of the blue buttons on the top (far right) is labeled "feedback".
I used it to respond with a link to the rational study (which bascily
says the same thing his article says, but has numbers to back it up),
and to argue that his noticed decrease in % use of Ada among reader
survey respondents might not mean a whole lot.

He has already sent me a rather nice reply promising to look at the
study. He also pointed out that there has been a huge increase in the
embedded market as a whole over the last few years, so it is quite
possible that Ada use in embedded systems is increasing, yet its
market share is dropping. I thought that was a rather good point.

--
T.E.D.
Home     -  mailto:dennison@telepath.com (Yahoo: Ted_Dennison)