From: dennison@telepath.com (Ted Dennison)
Subject: Re: help with UART16550
Date: 20 May 2002 09:34:26 -0700
Date: 2002-05-20T16:34:26+00:00	[thread overview]

"Olivier" <oli@fd.be> wrote in message news:<Oxiy8.41456$Ze.6960@afrodite.telenet-ops.be>...
> I was askted to write a device driver for communication with a serial port
> (RS232). Is there anyone who knows where I can find a tutorial about this ?
> Or sample programs ? The idea is to connect two pc's with each other and
> then to write data to the other pc over a serial cable.

You didn't say for what OS. Also, if you are just talking about using
RS-232 to talk between a couple of PC's, you are probably *not*
talking about a device driver. You can do that easily with user code
in Windows using the Win32 API.

--
T.E.D.
Home     -  mailto:dennison@telepath.com (Yahoo: Ted_Dennison)