* JOB OPPORTUNITIES - Embedded Software Engineers & Systems Engineers
@ 2002-04-12 18:31 Mark D
From: Mark D @ 2002-04-12 18:31 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi Everyone,

I am currently assisting a Major Communications Company in the Philadelphia
area that is in need of Embedded Software Engineers, and Systems Engineers.
This is a great company with excellent benefits! If you know someone that
would qualify, please forward this email to them. I appreciate any help you
can give.

To be considered for this opportunity please forward a Word copy of your
resume, your salary history ( last 2 positions), your contact information
(include a cell phone if you have one). Please let me know if you are
interested.

Sincerely,

Valarie Williams
CPR, Inc.
Val@cprstaffing.com
EMBEDDED SOFTWARE ENGINEERS

Active DOD Secret Security Clearance Required for this position. If your
clearance was administratively inactivated within the last 22 months, you
may still qualify.

JOB DESCRIPTION:
- Software requirements analysis, design, development, integration and test
of digital signal processing software.
- Produce product which meets customer's requirements.
- Coordination with systems engineering and customer regarding DAP issues.
- Identify and plan to mitigate risks to successful completion of project.
- Meet challenging schedule within cost allocation.

REQUIREMENTS:
- BSEE, CE.
- 4-12 years experience in software systems requirements analysis, design,
development, integration and test with concentration in digital signal
process.
- Experience with embedded real-time C and RTOS.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Familiarity with modern software engineering process/methodology.
- Use workstation based software engineering tools.
- Self-starter, highly motivate and demonstrated success in working on
teams.
- Active DOD Secret Security Clearance.

SALARY:
70-100K relocation assistance available

SENIOR SYSTEMS ENGINEERS

REQUIREMENTS:
- Proficient in requirements analysis and development.
- Proficient in specification development,
- Knowledgeable in system modeling such as UML or Demaro
- Knowledgeable in hardware and in software processes and their interaction.
- Proficient in the development of test plans, procedures and reports.
- Proficient in system design.
- Proficient in the development of security related documentation.
- Knowledgeable in cryptographic principles.
- Knowledgeable in RED/BLACK separation principles and in TEMPEST design
principles.
- Demonstrated self-starter.
- BSEE,CE. US Citizenship Required.
- Most positions require a background investigation.

Contact:
Valarie Williams
CPR, Inc.
Val@cprstaffing.com

* Re: JOB OPPORTUNITIES - Embedded Software Engineers & Systems Engineers
@ 2002-04-12 21:30 ` Ted Dennison
From: Ted Dennison @ 2002-04-12 21:30 UTC (permalink / raw)

"Mark D" <markd01@comcast.net> wrote in message news:<%JFt8.14815$GS6.1191432@bin3.nnrp.aus1.giganews.com>...
> To be considered for this opportunity please forward a Word copy of your
> resume, your salary history ( last 2 positions), your contact information

I respectfully submit to you that Microsoft Word is an expensive
proprietary word processor with a secret file format that not everyone
in your target audience has access to. If you want the best possible
return ratio, you really should consider accepting something that is a
publicly avilable standard, like HTML or even (gasp) plain text.

> - Experience with embedded real-time C and RTOS.

I'd also submit that an Ada newsgroup may be a great place to look for
hot-shot embedded real-time developers, but is probably not the best
place to look for people who are dying to get a job coding in C.

> - Knowledgeable in RED/BLACK separation principles and in TEMPEST design
> principles.

Ahhh. Sounds like the LMCO group I used to work with in Camden.

Have a nice day.

--
T.E.D.
Home     -  mailto:dennison@telepath.com (Yahoo: Ted_Dennison)