From: dennison@telepath.com (Ted Dennison)
Subject: Re: C Interface
Date: 3 Apr 2002 07:59:54 -0800
Date: 2002-04-03T15:59:55+00:00	[thread overview]

"Henrik Quintel" <henrik.quintel@gmx.de> wrote in message news:<a8enka$rns13$1@ID-79136.news.dfncis.de>...
> package C renames Interfaces.C;
> Chars1 : C.char_array(1..20);
> This example works very fine with my compiler. Now, I have tried to display
> the contents
> of Chars1 but I don't know how. I have tried several ways but no one worked.

Generally, I would convert such a string into an Ada string (using
Interfaces.C.To_Ada) to deal with it inside of Ada, rather than trying
to deal directly with the C string. If you let C use C strings, and
Ada use Ada strings, the world is a happier place. :-)

--
T.E.D.
Home     -  mailto:dennison@telepath.com (Yahoo: Ted_Dennison)