* gnatwin
@ 2002-04-02  4:16 Jason King
From: Jason King @ 2002-04-02  4:16 UTC (permalink / raw)

Now that we've had the tabs in VB question I know I won't have the
lamest post for the week<G>.
I've installed gnat 3.14p and gnatwin 3.14p on my Windows 2k (sp 2) box.
After insalling gnatwin I have a \bindings\win32ada off my gnat-root.
I don't seem to have a \bindings\gnatwin directory.
I've been trying to compile the sources for adagide and it is looking
for a gnatwin.ads. Grepping through all the files in adagide I found a
gnat.ago which has a reference to c:\gnatpro\bindings\win32ada and
c:\gnatpro\bindings\gnatwin.  Any thoughts on what I've done wrong or
how to wind up with a \bindings\gnatwin directory and the files that go
in it?

* Re: gnatwin
@ 2002-04-02  4:28 ` Florian Weimer
From: Florian Weimer @ 2002-04-02  4:28 UTC (permalink / raw)

Jason King <jhking@airmail.net> writes:

> I've installed gnat 3.14p and gnatwin 3.14p on my Windows 2k (sp 2) box.
> After insalling gnatwin I have a \bindings\win32ada off my gnat-root.
> I don't seem to have a \bindings\gnatwin directory.

Gnatwin is an add-on for GNATCOM, see
http://www.adapower.com/gnatcom/index.html .

I think it's mentioned in the AdaGIDE README file.

* Re: gnatwin
@ 2002-04-02  4:40   ` Jason King
From: Jason King @ 2002-04-02  4:40 UTC (permalink / raw)

Ok, I installed gnatcom, reinstalled gnatwin and still only have a
win32ada under bindings.  I do appreciate that you took time to respond.

@ 2002-04-02  4:58     ` Jason King
From: Jason King @ 2002-04-02  4:58 UTC (permalink / raw)

Ah-hah!  Under adapower\gnatcom there's a separate download for gnatwin.
Silly me, I thought the gnatwin from ACT was gnatwin.

@ 2002-04-02 14:39       ` Ted Dennison
From: Ted Dennison @ 2002-04-02 14:39 UTC (permalink / raw)

Jason King <jhking@airmail.net> wrote in message news:<3CA93A67.9050902@airmail.net>...
> Ah-hah!  Under adapower\gnatcom there's a separate download for gnatwin.
> Silly me, I thought the gnatwin from ACT was gnatwin.
>
> Jason King wrote:
> > Ok, I installed gnatcom, reinstalled gnatwin and still only have a
> > win32ada under bindings.  I do appreciate that you took time to respond.
> > Florian Weimer wrote:

Also, (if I remember correctly) you will need to download the *source*
versions of GnatCOM and GWindows, if you want to use them with the
3.14p compiler. The source version of GWindows is listed on the
website as a beta (under "Source Code Version").

I also remember there being some manual steps involved in setting up
GWindows. Read the Readme's carefully.

--
T.E.D.
Home     -  mailto:dennison@telepath.com (Yahoo: Ted_Dennison)