From: dennison@telepath.com (Ted Dennison)
Subject: Re: Any Ada Genetic Algorithm?
Date: 11 Mar 2002 07:56:32 -0800
Date: 2002-03-11T15:56:32+00:00	[thread overview]

Patrice Freydiere <frett@iname.com> wrote in message news:<3c89c80e$0$14900$626a54ce@news.free.fr>...
> As i found nothing on the topic, i started writing a GA library in full
> static ADA.
>
> I planned to put those sources under the LGPL License.

If you are going to release the sources to build a link library (a
"libXXX.a") then the LGPL is an appropriate license. If instead you
are releasing sources that will be "with"ed and compiled along with
the user's sources, the LGPL is *not* an appropriate license. You
should probably use one of the following:

GPL if you don't mind users having to also use the GPL when they
distribute their code.

Public Domain if you don't mind the possiblity of some users taking
your sources, modifying them slightly, and charging for licenses to
the result.

GMGPL (Gnat-modified GPL), if you want your sources to remain
freely-licensed, but don't want that to affect sources that "with"
them and are compiled with them.

In most cases, I pick the GMGPL.

--
T.E.D.