From: dennison@telepath.com (Ted Dennison)
Subject: Re: Porting Ada / Motif code from VMS to Solaris
Date: 31 Jan 2002 07:31:01 -0800
Date: 2002-01-31T15:31:02+00:00	[thread overview]

alanc@CSUA.Berkeley.EDU (Alan Coopersmith) wrote in message news:<a3auoc$175f$1@agate.berkeley.edu>...
> g.l.clark@lmco.com (George) writes in comp.unix.solaris:
> |   The other approach would be to find replacement libraries (Motif,
> |X) so that the majority of the code can be recompiled.  (cheap or free
> |if possible)
>
> Solaris includes Motif & X libraries, and a uil compiler, for C, but
> I don't know about Ada bindings.  (I think Ada support was dropped a
> while ago.)

If you are using UIL, you only need bindings for about 3 routines,
which you can easily create yourself if you have to. That's one of the
beauties of UIL. You can even use the VMS bindings as a "guide". ;-)

Whoever decided to do everything in UIL did you guys a great service.

--
T.E.D.
Home     -  mailto:dennison@telepath.com (Yahoo: Ted_Dennison)