From: Manuel Collado <m.collado@lml.ls.fi.upm.es>
Subject: Re: Coverage analysis on Windows
Date: Fri, 08 Sep 2006 13:29:41 +0200
Date: 2006-09-08T13:29:41+02:00	[thread overview]

ManU escribi�:
> Hello,
>
> Manuel Collado a �crit :
>
> [ ... I am looking for a windows tool which enables to display gcov
> (gcc 3.4.4) coverage results ... ]
>

>>'lcov' is just a set of perl scripts. They can be executed in any
>>Windows system with a perl interpreter (I've just tested it).
>

> lcov processes unix-style paths.
> However, our version of gcc and gcov (gcc 3.4.4) encripts windows-style
> paths into .obj, .gnco, .gda and .gcov files. Therefore, lcov does not
> manage them correctly ...

It works on Cygwin. Cygwin is a Windows port of a large set of GNU
utilies. Includes a bash shell that provides a unix-like environment.
The perl interpreter (and any other utility) from Cygwin understand both
forward and backward slashes as path delimiters.

> lcov would need to be fully ported to windows ...

It works OK in my WinXP machine via Cygwin. I've just tested a minimal
example. Perhaps it needs more thoroughly test. Can you provide a sample
code that fails on your machine? I'm willing to test it in my machine.

BTW, which Windows port of gcc are you using? Cygwin? GNAT? MinGW?

> If you have knowledge of any port of lcov or any other tool, please let
> me know ;o)

Sorry, no.

--
To reply by e-mail, please remove the extra dot
in the given address:  m.collado -> mcollado