From: Georg Bauhaus <bauhaus@futureapps.de>
Subject: Re: embedded hardware for Ada
Date: Fri, 14 Jul 2006 17:29:38 +0200
Date: 2006-07-14T17:28:10+02:00	[thread overview]

M E Leypold wrote:
> "Gerd" <GerdM.O@t-online.de> writes:
>
>> Peter Amey schrieb:

>>> http://www.praxis-his.com/sparkada/pdfs/ada_uml_and_c.pdf
>>>
>>> Using these techniques pretty much makes /any/ hardware programmable in Ada.
>>>
>> I'm not sure whether this would be an solution.
>>
>> - We have to use certified compilers. An Ada to C with some C compiler
>> would rarly fit.

I think Markus is right; in particular, I'm certain you will
get a very competent answer from the makers of the AdaMagic
front end as to whether the generated C is suitable for
proving software properties. Also about whether/how an Ada
tool chain can "see through" the C code (if via C's #line,
or more.)

>> - I expect an Ada-aware environment to be able to handle even
>> Ada-tasks. I'm not sure that Ada-to-C translated code would work fine
>> for this in an environment designed only for C-programming.

It's worth a inquiry.