* gnatdist and polyorb
@ 2012-03-21 10:52 tonyg
From: tonyg @ 2012-03-21 10:52 UTC (permalink / raw)

I'm looking to play with some middleware and noticed that there is a gnat dist for polyorb now :o , can someone point me towards something which tell me what is going on with the distributed annex , prefably with some examples :)

* Re: gnatdist and polyorb
@ 2012-03-21 18:04 ` Robert A Duff
From: Robert A Duff @ 2012-03-21 18:04 UTC (permalink / raw)

tonyg <tonythegair@gmail.com> writes:

> I'm looking to play with some middleware and noticed that there is a
> gnat dist for polyorb now

Yes, po_gnatdist.  PolyORB supports the distrib annex.
This support replaces earlier support for DSA in GLADE.

>... :o , can someone point me towards something
> which tell me what is going on with the distributed annex , prefably
> with some examples :)

The PolyORB User's Guide.

- Bob

* Re: gnatdist and polyorb
@ 2012-03-22 12:58   ` tonyg
From: tonyg @ 2012-03-22 12:58 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Wednesday, March 21, 2012 6:04:57 PM UTC, Robert A Duff wrote:
> tonyg  writes:
>
> > I'm looking to play with some middleware and noticed that there is a
> > gnat dist for polyorb now
>
> Yes, po_gnatdist.  PolyORB supports the distrib annex.
> This support replaces earlier support for DSA in GLADE.
>
> >... :o , can someone point me towards something
> > which tell me what is going on with the distributed annex , prefably
> > with some examples :)
>
> The PolyORB User's Guide.
>
> - Bob

Cheers Bob

* Re: gnatdist and polyorb
@ 2012-03-22 14:11   ` Ludovic Brenta
From: Ludovic Brenta @ 2012-03-22 14:11 UTC (permalink / raw)

Robert A Duff wrote on comp.lang.ada:
> tonyg writes:
>> I'm looking to play with some middleware and noticed that there is a
>> gnat dist for polyorb now
>
> Yes, po_gnatdist.  PolyORB supports the distrib annex.
> This support replaces earlier support for DSA in GLADE.
>
>>... :o , can someone point me towards something
>> which tell me what is going on with the distributed annex , prefably
>> with some examples :)
>
> The PolyORB User's Guide.

... which is available in Debian package polyorb-doc :) (stable only
though: not in testing or unstable because the package still has to
make the transition to gnat-4.6).

--
Ludovic Brenta.

* Re: gnatdist and polyorb
@ 2012-03-28  8:33 ` Julian Leyh
From: Julian Leyh @ 2012-03-28  8:33 UTC (permalink / raw)

Am Mittwoch, 21. März 2012 11:52:21 UTC+1 schrieb tonyg:
> I'm looking to play with some middleware and noticed that there is a gnat dist for polyorb now :o , can someone point me towards something which tell me what is going on with the distributed annex , prefably with some examples :)

here is an example using GNAT GPL 2010 and Polyorb, with instructions about compiling:

http://rosettacode.org/wiki/Distributed_programming#Ada

Greetings,
Julian