* Time of modification of file
@ 2003-05-22 18:16 szygula
From: szygula @ 2003-05-22 18:16 UTC (permalink / raw)

How to obtain information about time of modification of file in ADA95.
I use ADA95 for Windows.

MAriusz

* Re: Time of modification of file
@ 2003-05-22 19:34 ` Stephen Leake
From: Stephen Leake @ 2003-05-22 19:34 UTC (permalink / raw)

"szygula" <szygula@szygula.prv.pl> writes:

> How to obtain information about time of modification of file in ADA95.
> I use ADA95 for Windows.

If you are using the GNAT compiler, see the package GNAT.OS_Lib; it
defines the function "File_Time_Stamp".

--
-- Stephe

* Re: Time of modification of file
@ 2003-05-22 19:55   ` Randy Brukardt
From: Randy Brukardt @ 2003-05-22 19:55 UTC (permalink / raw)

Stephen Leake wrote in message ...
>"szygula" <szygula@szygula.prv.pl> writes:
>
>> How to obtain information about time of modification of file in
ADA95.
>> I use ADA95 for Windows.
>
>If you are using the GNAT compiler, see the package GNAT.OS_Lib; it
>defines the function "File_Time_Stamp".

If you are using an Ada 200y compiler :-),
package Ada.Directories contains this and many other useful functions.

Ada.Directories.Modification_Time (Name)

does what you want. See AI-248.

Unfortunately, I'm not aware of any compilers currently supporting
Ada.Directories. Too bad.

                  Randy Brukardt.

* Re: Time of modification of file
@ 2003-05-23 10:49     ` Martin Dowie
From: Martin Dowie @ 2003-05-23 10:49 UTC (permalink / raw)

"Randy Brukardt" <randy@rrsoftware.com> wrote in message

> If you are using an Ada 200y compiler :-),
> package Ada.Directories contains this and many other useful functions.
>
> Ada.Directories.Modification_Time (Name)
>
> does what you want. See AI-248.
>
> Unfortunately, I'm not aware of any compilers currently supporting
> Ada.Directories. Too bad.

Not even Janus! :-)

I have a half-written, largely untested "Ada0Y.Directories"
implementation. It is based on GNAT but once I get GNAT-4-ObjectAda
finished (@SourceForge) it will be available to OA users too.

If anyone wants it, feel free to email. For comments I've used the
actual AI text and I've run it through AdaBrowse if anyone want some
html "documentation".

* Re: Time of modification of file
@ 2003-05-23 18:27       ` Randy Brukardt
From: Randy Brukardt @ 2003-05-23 18:27 UTC (permalink / raw)

Martin Dowie wrote in message ...
>"Randy Brukardt" <randy@rrsoftware.com> wrote in message
>
>> If you are using an Ada 200y compiler :-),
>> package Ada.Directories contains this and many other useful
functions.

>> Ada.Directories.Modification_Time (Name)
>>
>> does what you want. See AI-248.
>>
>> Unfortunately, I'm not aware of any compilers currently supporting
>> Ada.Directories. Too bad.
>
>Not even Janus! :-)

Sigh. Yes, I haven't found the time to build it (it's one of several
amendment proposals that I'd like to get implemented.)

Most of our customers use Claw.Directories, so there hasn't been a big
push from the customers.

              Randy.

* Re: Time of modification of file
@ 2003-05-23 21:40         ` Dale Stanbrough
From: Dale Stanbrough @ 2003-05-23 21:40 UTC (permalink / raw)

In article <vcspuvd1lnn204@corp.supernews.com>,
 "Randy Brukardt" <randy@rrsoftware.com> wrote:

> Sigh. Yes, I haven't found the time to build it (it's one of several
> amendment proposals that I'd like to get implemented.)
>
> Most of our customers use Claw.Directories, so there hasn't been a big
> push from the customers.

is the complete description for Ada.Directories available?

Maybe it would be better if there were another package hierachy in
which language standardised packages are placed (other than Ada)
allowing different companies/individuals to create these packages,
rather than relying on compiler vendors to do the work (as is
required by the Ada standard).

If needed the packages could also be known in the Ada hierachy
some time later via a renames.

E.g. You could allow people to create child packages of Standard,
(although given this is special cased by some compilers). Perhaps
package Ada.Library could be seen as the extension point for packages
specified by the language, but allowed to be supplied by the user.

Dale

* Re: Time of modification of file
@ 2003-05-25  7:44           ` Martin Krischik
From: Martin Krischik @ 2003-05-25  7:44 UTC (permalink / raw)

Dale Stanbrough wrote:

> Maybe it would be better if there were another package hierachy in
> which language standardised packages are placed (other than Ada)
> allowing different companies/individuals to create these packages,
> rather than relying on compiler vendors to do the work (as is
> required by the Ada standard).

We could use the same technique as Java - addign an X (AdaX, SystemX,
InterfaceX) to the reserved Package name until the new standart is out.
Then drop the X.

Greetings

Martin

--