From: "Elgar the Idiot aka Chris Warwick" <cwarwick@fox.nstn.ns.ca>
Subject: Ada replacements for DOS I/O
Date: 27 Oct 1994 08:25:36 -0300
Date: 1994-10-27T08:25:36-03:00	[thread overview]

We just got burned on a project using Alsys Ada. Seems we had assumed that
a multi-tasking Ada program would perform I/O is parallel with other
processing. The system service call actucally halts all processing in the
program until the system service is complete...

I don't mean to burn Alsys, since the bug(?) also exists in the Verdix
compiler we are using. The difference is the Verdix is for Unix so we just
sidestepped the problem by not using Ada tasks...

Does anyone know of any replacements for the DOS I/O (specifically the Disk
I/O operations) compatable with Alsys Ada?
 --
 Lorne Elliot in a Conan the Barabarian suit, or
 "Beware the fool, for only the fool may speak the truth"

 Chris Warwick
 cwarwick@fox.nstn.ns.ca
 warwick@anchor.hfx.prior.ca