From: "Alex R. Mosteo" <devnull@mailinator.com>
Subject: Re: gnatmake myProg.adb -largs -Wl,-stack_size -Wl,0x4000000
Date: Thu, 09 Mar 2006 13:25:44 +0100
Date: 2006-03-09T13:25:44+01:00	[thread overview]

stuart clark wrote:
> I was wondering iof anyone could enlighten me on this gnatmake call.
>
> i found it on a Mac OS/X site.
>
> i've searched else for setting the stack_size for a main rather than
> for individual tasks.
>
> any advice appreciated.

I'm not sure if you can control the stack size of the main task. When
needed, the advice I've seen is to have a dummy (empty) main procedure
and put all computation in a regular task, where you can use pragma
Stack_Size.

Though this can be a problem if you're using a runtime without tasking
or some other similar restrictions, I guess...

This is in the Ada side of things. The linker argument is the operating
system counterpart, and I don't know the fine interactions between the two.