From: Lionel Draghi <Lionel.nospam.Draghi@Ada-France.org>
Subject: Re: example of layered software?
Date: Sun, 11 Dec 2005 20:06:38 +0100
Date: 2005-12-11T20:06:44+01:00	[thread overview]

Marco a ï¿œcrit :
> my suggestion:
>
> To get started, synthetic test code is the way to go.

I wrote a small tool to create Ada packages, that I use in my "make check".
It eases package creation with precise dependencies.

For example:

    @create_pkg P1 spec -with P2 -with P3

will create:

    with P2;
    with P3;

    -- created by Create_Pkg v1.0
    package P1;
       null;
    end P1;

All my tests are based on those minimal packages, and my biggest test
only involve half of them.
This is why I don't feel comfortable to release something without at
least once real size testing.

> After that,
> "beta" release your tool so others can test it for you on real code and
> provide feedback. Since you are releasing the tool as free software
> then let others be your test team.

OK, but I want to reach a minimal useability level.
I'm not sure it's already the case, I have to think about it.

--
Lionel Draghi