* Ncurse with ada
@ 2011-01-11  9:44 Rieska Hendrawan
From: Rieska Hendrawan @ 2011-01-11  9:44 UTC (permalink / raw)

does anyone here has using NCURSE 5-7?

I have completed install NCURSE 5-7, but i don't know how to compile
it, since i try to compile it's sample file (ncurses.adb) will produce
an error message like
"terminal_interface.ads" not found

I try it for days, search some sample or ncurse tutorial, but i never
found it.

* Re: Ncurse with ada
@ 2011-01-11 10:08 ` Ludovic Brenta
From: Ludovic Brenta @ 2011-01-11 10:08 UTC (permalink / raw)

Rieska Hendrawan wrote on comp.lang.ada:
> does anyone here has using NCURSE 5-7?
>
> I have completed install NCURSE 5-7, but i don't know how to compile
> it, since i try to compile it's sample file (ncurses.adb) will produce
> an error message like "terminal_interface.ads" not found
>
> I try it for days, search some sample or ncurse tutorial, but i never
> found it.

This seems like an error in the installation process.  What operating
system and compiler do you use? Where did you download ncurses.adb
from? What command did you use to compile it?  Where is
terminal_interface.ads on your system?

Note that, if your operating system is Debian, a simpler alternative
is to "aptitude install libtexttools2-dev" and read the instructions
in /usr/share/ada/adainclude/texttools.gpr to build your application.
TextTools is a high-level library on top of ncurses, it provides
widgets such as buttons, scroll bars and windows.

HTH

--
Ludovic Brenta.