* About new languages
@ 2005-11-30 21:35 Lionel Draghi
From: Lionel Draghi @ 2005-11-30 21:35 UTC (permalink / raw)

short paper about one language pushing another one :
http://www.enterprisej2me.com/blog/java/?postid=145

An interresting idea is that a new language does not really replace and
old one, it comes with a new area of application.

Should we conclude that Ada will stay on top for safety applications? :-)

--
Lionel

* Re: About new languages
@ 2005-11-30 21:37 ` Pascal Obry
From: Pascal Obry @ 2005-11-30 21:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Lionel Draghi

Lionel,

> Should we conclude that Ada will stay on top for safety applications? :-)

And will never replace the junk C/C++ languages that have a large place
as computer languages those days :)

Pascal.

--|              http://www.obry.net
--|

* Re: About new languages
@ 2005-11-30 22:05   ` Lionel Draghi
From: Lionel Draghi @ 2005-11-30 22:05 UTC (permalink / raw)

Pascal Obry a ï¿œcrit :
> Lionel,
>

>>Should we conclude that Ada will stay on top for safety applications? :-)
>

> And will never replace the junk C/C++ languages that have a large place
> as computer languages those days :)

I am considering the half full glass, and you are considering the half
empty glass.
But yes, we are reading the same paper :-)

--
Lionel