From: Pascal Obry <pascal@obry.net>
To: Anh Vo <anhvofrcaus@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: Extended Return Statement with exception
Date: Tue, 22 Nov 2005 22:46:55 +0100
Date: 2005-11-22T22:46:57+01:00	[thread overview]

Anh,

> I have read the Extended Return Statement in Ada 2005 RM and Rationale.
> However, I am still not sure how it works. In other word, what will be
> returned when an exception occurs and handled the the exception handler
> within this extended return statement. Consider the following notional
> code, what exactly will be returned?

Well what will be returned in this case:

   function Make (...) return T is
      R : T;
      return R;
   exception
      ... handle Constraint_Error here.
   end Make;

I think this is equivalent to what will happen with your example with a
structured return statement. Of course I should not think but have a
look at the RM but I'm too lazy tonight ;)

Pascal.

--|              http://www.obry.net
--|