From: Ross Higson <rossNOSPAMhigson@optusnet.com.au>
Subject: Re: New Ada ANSI console/X terminal game
Date: Wed, 09 Nov 2005 19:55:21 +1100
Date: 2005-11-09T19:55:21+11:00	[thread overview]

David Trudgett wrote:

> Hope you like it! :-) I take it you got it working on Windows, then?

Yes. I'm not saying it's a great porting job, but but I'll email you the
modified source. It's mostly simple name changes.

> That sounds great! I was wondering how I might accomplish that little
> feat! Does the noedit switch also suppress local echo? You probably
> noticed my "no echo" routine was Unix specific. I don't think it's
> absolutely essential to suppress local echo in any case.

I simply removed your unix-specific echo manipulation. I have a separate
"/[no]echo" option in redirect, but it is off by default, so I didn't
need to specify it.

> Unfortunately, I don't have a Windows box that I can easily use to try
> all this, and to build a Windows executable.

I'll include a Windows executable in the mail so you can try it with
redirect. BTW, I notice the "help" command seems to lock up the game.
Haven't had time to investigate in detail yet.

> OK, muchas gracias. I'll probably be doing that sometime soon, after I
> pay a visit to the kids' museum piece!

If you want museum pieces, you've come to the right news group :)

Ross.