From: OgRo <marcelo.batera@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: AdaWorks/APQ :: Build System :: Call for Help!
Date: Sun, 10 Aug 2008 13:26:01 -0700 (PDT)
Date: 2008-08-10T13:26:01-07:00	[thread overview]

On 10 ago, 14:30, "Peter C. Chapin" <pcc482...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I'm wondering what you mean specifically by "all project folders."  I
> see 30 folders in the root, but I'm guessing you don't mean all of those.
>
> Peter

No. "Only" the ones you need - and their dependencies.

So far someone would have 9 modules (and it also depends in which
database environments the user will require). We won't have more than
12 to 15 modules and, still, this organization was proposed only for
the indoor development environment. Now I'm bring this issue open so
people can share their thoughts and we can come to a conclusion in the
clearest way possible.

Notice our main development environment is Linux and it's _really_
straightforward to build such environment variable using bash. For Ms
Windows I believe it's not quite the same. Also, I am aware of the
length limitation of environment variables and putting every project's
path into ADA_PROJECT_PATH is not practical (imagine 100 projects with
different paths... crazy!).

But there are still two things we got to make possible: mixing
branches with the trunk modules and providing an efficient way for
users to compile our base code.