From: Ben Hocking <benjaminhocking@gmail.com>
Subject: Mechanisms for proving rules in .rlu files
Date: Fri, 17 Aug 2012 13:39:47 -0700 (PDT)
Date: 2012-08-17T13:39:47-07:00	[thread overview]

I've created a fairly large .rlu file, and I'm newly aware of the "sparkrules" tool, but I haven't found a way to prove the validity of the rules in my .rlu file. For now, I've written a converter that converts the .rlu file to a PVS theory and I'm working on proving the rules there, but this converter makes a few assumptions that are valid for my rules (all variables are integers or booleans, I'm only using a may_be_replaced_by and may_be_deduced_from, etc.) and of course might have flaws in it that I haven't detected yet.

What mechanisms do others use for proving user-defined rules?

-Ben