* GNAT PROBLEM
@ 1995-03-08 21:44 Eric Molitor
From: Eric Molitor @ 1995-03-08 21:44 UTC (permalink / raw)

I'm currently using GNAT v2.00 while learning how to program in ADA. The
only thing I cant understand is how to get rid of that stupid line at the
top of my screen when I run one of my compiled programs. Is there a
switch to shut it off?

Eric Molitor

* Re: GNAT PROBLEM
@ 1995-03-09  1:01 ` Tore Joergensen
                   ` (2 subsequent siblings)
From: Tore Joergensen @ 1995-03-09  1:01 UTC (permalink / raw)

Eric Molitor (emolitor@jax.jaxnet.com) wrote:
: I'm currently using GNAT v2.00 while learning how to program in ADA. The
: only thing I cant understand is how to get rid of that stupid line at the
: top of my screen when I run one of my compiled programs. Is there a
: switch to shut it off?
I guess you are using OS/2. If not, forget this.
To get rid of the help-line temporarily, write help off. To get rid
of it permanently, delete $i in the prompt-line in the config.sys file.
BTW, if you are using a command-window you can get more lines if you write
mode 80 60 (60 lines, max=102).
Tore B. Joergensen,    |    e-mail:     tore@lis.pitt.edu
a norwegian student    |    snail-mail: 2201 Pittockstr.
a long way from home.  |                Pittsburgh, 15217 PA
                       |    web:        http://www.pitt.edu/~tojst1

* Re: GNAT PROBLEM
@ 1995-03-10  9:39 ` Peter Hermann
From: Peter Hermann @ 1995-03-10  9:39 UTC (permalink / raw)

Eric Molitor (emolitor@jax.jaxnet.com) wrote:
: I'm currently using GNAT v2.00 while learning how to program in ADA. The
: only thing I cant understand is how to get rid of that stupid line at the
: top of my screen when I run one of my compiled programs. Is there a
: switch to shut it off?

I like it, because I know the compiler is still alive and running.

btw: it is "Ada", not "ADA", the times of the card punch are gone.

--
Peter Hermann  Tel:+49-711-685-3611 Fax:3758 ph@csv.ica.uni-stuttgart.de
Pfaffenwaldring 27, 70569 Stuttgart Uni Computeranwendungen

* Re: GNAT PROBLEM
@ 1995-03-11 20:50 ` Michael Feldman
From: Michael Feldman @ 1995-03-11 20:50 UTC (permalink / raw)

In article <3jl8go$o99@jaxnet.jaxnet.com>,
Eric Molitor <emolitor@jax.jaxnet.com> wrote:
>I'm currently using GNAT v2.00 while learning how to program in ADA. The
>only thing I cant understand is how to get rid of that stupid line at the
>top of my screen when I run one of my compiled programs. Is there a
>switch to shut it off?

Not a GNAT problem, exactly.

This is an option for go32, the extender under which djgpp and GNAT run.
You can turn it off by looking at your go32 environment variable.
It should say something like "set go32=topline..."

If you remove the "topline", the go32 tracing will go away.

I usually leave it on; I learn a lot about memory utilization.

Mike Feldman
Michael B. Feldman -  chair, SIGAda Education Working Group
The George Washington University -  Washington, DC 20052 USA
202-994-5919 (voice) - 202-994-0227 (fax) - mfeldman@seas.gwu.edu (Internet)
One, two, three ways an underdog: Ada fan, Mac fan, Old Liberal Democrat
Ada on the WWW: http://lglwww.epfl.ch/Ada/ or http://info.acm.org/sigada/

* Re: GNAT PROBLEM
                   ` (2 preceding siblings ...)
@ 1995-03-15  1:56 ` Mogens Jensen
From: Mogens Jensen @ 1995-03-15  1:56 UTC (permalink / raw)

Eric Molitor (emolitor@jax.jaxnet.com) wrote:
: I'm currently using GNAT v2.00 while learning how to program in ADA. The
: only thing I cant understand is how to get rid of that stupid line at the
: top of my screen when I run one of my compiled programs. Is there a
: switch to shut it off?

: Eric Molitor

In case you use DOS it could be the status line from GO32.EXE you are
referring to (also shows during compilation); to remove this line, find the
line:
   set GO32=topline d:/djgpp/drivers/vga.grd gw 640 gh 480
or equivalent, in your autoexec.bat (or whatever) and remove the word
"topline":
   set GO32=d:/djgpp/drivers/vga.grd gw 640 gh 480

This should work (refer to the readme.dj).

Greetings from Jens Jakob Jensen, Denmark - (Using my fathers account)

* GNAT problem
@ 2003-05-06  1:12 Chris
From: Chris @ 2003-05-06  1:12 UTC (permalink / raw)

I was successfully using GNAT with AdaGIDE on Windows 2000.
I went to compile a small test program today and it would not compile.
I have tried uninstallling, deleting directories, and reinstalling the
programs but fomr some reason I continue to get an error that "da
compiler not installed on this system"??

Here is what I see in AdaGIDE output:

Building...
GNATMAKE 3.15p  (20020523) Copyright 1995-2002 Free Software
Foundation, Inc
  "helloworld.ali" being checked ...
  -> "helloworld.ali" missing.
gcc -c -Ic:/ada/test/ -gnatwu -gnato -IC:\ada\test -g -I-
c:/ada/test/helloworld.adb
gcc.exe: c:/ada/test/helloworld.adb: Ada compiler not installed on
this system
gnatmake: "helloworld.ali" WARNING: ALI or object file not found after
compile
End of compilation
gnatmake: "c:/ada/test/helloworld.adb" compilation error
Done--error detected.

Here is the program:
with "Text_Io";
PROCEDURE HelloWorld IS
 -- i : Integer;
begin
 Test_Io.Put("Hello World");
END HelloWorld;

* Re: GNAT problem
@ 2003-05-07  5:49 ` Chris
From: Chris @ 2003-05-07  5:49 UTC (permalink / raw)

Dennis Lee Bieber wrote:

  Chris fed this fish to the penguins on Monday 05 May 2003 06:12 pm:

  > Building...
  > GNATMAKE 3.15p  (20020523) Copyright 1995-2002 Free Software
  > Foundation, Inc
  >   "helloworld.ali" being checked ...
  >   -> "helloworld.ali" missing.
  > gcc -c -Ic:/ada/test/ -gnatwu -gnato -IC:\ada\test -g -I-
  > c:/ada/test/helloworld.adb
  > gcc.exe: c:/ada/test/helloworld.adb: Ada compiler not installed on
  > this system

          "Did you install a new gcc version? It may have hijacked
your search
  path such that the GNAT-compatible gcc is not accessible."

Yep, that was the problem. Thanks Dennis! I had installed an IDE
called WideStudio that came with gcc among other things. It placed gcc
at the end of the PATH and apparently the search order is from right
to left, and it was taking that gcc and not the one in \gnat\bin.
  > Here is the program:

          That error message implies that it is NOT a problem in the
source code
  -- the problem is a change in your OS.