From: aussie2010@yahoo.com (Chris)
Subject: Re: GNAT problem
Date: 6 May 2003 22:49:46 -0700
Date: 2003-05-07T05:49:46+00:00	[thread overview]

Dennis Lee Bieber wrote:

  Chris fed this fish to the penguins on Monday 05 May 2003 06:12 pm:

  > Building...
  > GNATMAKE 3.15p  (20020523) Copyright 1995-2002 Free Software
  > Foundation, Inc
  >   "helloworld.ali" being checked ...
  >   -> "helloworld.ali" missing.
  > gcc -c -Ic:/ada/test/ -gnatwu -gnato -IC:\ada\test -g -I-
  > c:/ada/test/helloworld.adb
  > gcc.exe: c:/ada/test/helloworld.adb: Ada compiler not installed on
  > this system

          "Did you install a new gcc version? It may have hijacked
your search
  path such that the GNAT-compatible gcc is not accessible."

Yep, that was the problem. Thanks Dennis! I had installed an IDE
called WideStudio that came with gcc among other things. It placed gcc
at the end of the PATH and apparently the search order is from right
to left, and it was taking that gcc and not the one in \gnat\bin.
  > Here is the program:

          That error message implies that it is NOT a problem in the
source code
  -- the problem is a change in your OS.