From: "Alex R. Mosteo" <devnull@mailinator.com>
Subject: Re: About 0Y interfaces
Date: Tue, 18 Oct 2005 16:34:08 +0200
Date: 2005-10-18T16:34:08+02:00	[thread overview]

Dmitry A. Kazakov wrote:
> On Tue, 18 Oct 2005 14:49:04 +0200, Alex R. Mosteo wrote:
>

>>I hope someone can clarify some aspects of interfaces to me. I've read
>>the description in several places but there are some things I'm not sure
>>about.
>>
>>Firstly, interfaces are purely abstract, right? There's no way to
>>provide a default/partial implementation except creating an object type
>>which implements that interface.
>>
>>Secondly, we can create an object type which implements two or more
>>interfaces. But I guess there's no multiple inheritance from classes, so
>>you couldn't use two implementations of two different interfaces
>>directly when creating a new type. Is this right? You'd need to use, for
>>example, member objects and use proxy calls.
>

> I think the answer depends on what is meant under "implementation":

I was refering to implementation of the primitive operations.

> 1. Implementation of the values
> (data implementation)

I'm not sure what this means. I'd say that you're not refering to data
initialization, since one can't provide record definition for an interface?

> 2. Implementation of the primitive operations
> (type interface implementation)

This is what I had in mind. Let's say for example that you want a
primitive operation to always make a dispatching call on another
operation. You can't model this in the interface, right?

> 3. Implementation of class-wide operations
> (class interface implementation)

I don't see any issue here. Just provide the subprograms you consider
necessary taking classwide objects?