* Ada 2005
@ 2005-09-26  0:11 Richard Lowe
From: Richard Lowe @ 2005-09-26  0:11 UTC (permalink / raw)

Has anyone had any experience with Ada 2005 ?

Richard Lowe

* Re: Ada 2005
@ 2005-09-26  9:39 ` Georg Bauhaus
From: Georg Bauhaus @ 2005-09-26  9:39 UTC (permalink / raw)

Richard Lowe wrote:
> Has anyone had any experience with Ada 2005 ?

With more recent GNATs, some things work just fine.
Passsing local procedures, or Ada.Containers, for
example.

* Ada 2005
@ 2007-01-26  4:08 ME
From: ME @ 2007-01-26  4:08 UTC (permalink / raw)

Is Ada 2005 an ISO standard yet?

* Re: Ada 2005
@ 2007-01-26  9:09 ` Ludovic Brenta
From: Ludovic Brenta @ 2007-01-26  9:09 UTC (permalink / raw)

ME writes:
> Is Ada 2005 an ISO standard yet?

Yes; I'll repost here the announcement from Dirk Craeynest on the
Ada-Belgium mailing list.  I'm actually surprised that this great
piece of news has not yet been posted here.

--
Ludovic Brenta.

From: Dirk Craeynest <Dirk.Craeynest@cs.kuleuven.ac.be>
Subject: Final ISO/IEC ballot approves Ada amendment
To: ada-belgium@cs.kuleuven.be
Date: Wed, 24 Jan 2007 21:59:57 +0100 (MET)

I am very pleased to announce that JTC1 (the joint technical
committee of ISO and IEC on information technology) approved
the Amendment to ISO/IEC 8652 (the Ada standard) as submitted
by SC22/WG9 (the Ada Standardization Working Group).

The Amendment was approved by a vote of 17-0-5 (yes-no-abstention).
All nations who participate in  WG9 voted to approve.  No comments
were submitted.  The voting process is now completed.  The only
remaining step is actual publication of the Amendment by ISO.

As mentioned earlier, through your Ada-Belgium membership, you helped
Ada-Europe to sponsor the production of the Ada 2005 Language Reference
Manual (LRM), the Annotated Ada 2005 Language Reference Manual (AARM),
and the Rationale for Ada 2005.  Chapters of the latter were published
in the Ada User Journal issues that you received in 2005 and 2006.
Ada-Europe also made the publication possible of the Ada 2005 LRM in
Springer's Lecture Notes in Computer Science series (LNCS).

All those documents remain available online in various formats at
  <http://www.adaic.com/standards/ada05.html>

SC22/WG9 is already looking at the future and several activities are
currently underway:

The ARG (Ada Rapporteur Group) now focuses on
(in decreasing order of priority)
- developing a revision of ISO/IEC 15291 (the ASIS standard), on
  the one hand to bring it in sync with the new Ada 2005 standard
  and on the other hand to provide a semantic interface at a higher
  level of abstraction (i.e. easier to use);
- responding to Defect Reports and/or Ada Issues on ISO/IEC 8652
  (the Ada standard);
- developing Technical Reports or Standards improving the Ada
  libraries, notably with respect to containers; and
- considering proposals for extending the language.

The HRG (Annex H Rapporteur Group) focuses on
- revisiting ISO/IEC 15942 (the report "Guidelines for use of Ada
  in High Integrity Applications") with a view to updating it for
  Ada 2005.

The new PRG (Ada-POSIX Binding Rapporteur Group) focuses on
- maintaining ISO/IEC 14519 (the Ada Binding to POSIX), as since
  this document was standardized there have been 2 revisions of
  Ada and 2 of POSIX.

So you see, lots of activities are going on, and we hope that through
your Ada-Belgium membership you will continue to support them and that
you will be looking forward to be kept informed, among others via the
3-monthly Ada User Journal published by Ada-Europe.

We'd like to thank all our members who promptly paid their membership
renewal for the year 2007 upon receipt of the invoice earlier this
month.  If you haven't paid yet, we would appreciate it if you could
settle the invoice as soon as possible.

Thanks once more for your support and interest.

As always, I will keep you informed of further progress.

Dirk Craeynest
ISO/IEC JTC1/SC22/WG9, Head of Delegation, Belgium
Dirk.Craeynest@cs.kuleuven.be (for Ada-Belgium/-Europe/SIGAda/WG9 mail)

* Re: Ada 2005
@ 2007-01-28 20:16   ` Dirk Craeynest
From: Dirk Craeynest @ 2007-01-28 20:16 UTC (permalink / raw)

In article <87tzyei275.fsf@ludovic-brenta.org>,
Ludovic Brenta  <ludovic@ludovic-brenta.org> wrote:
>ME writes:
>> Is Ada 2005 an ISO standard yet?
>
>Yes;

Strictly speaking: not yet.  Although the final ISO/IEC ballot recently
approved the Ada amendment, it only becomes an *official* ISO standard
upon publication.  And that hasn't happened yet.

But for all practical reasons, the updated Ada language definition
has been accepted at the highest ISO level and thus can be considered
standardized.

>I'll repost here the announcement from Dirk Craeynest on the
>Ada-Belgium mailing list.  I'm actually surprised that this great
>piece of news has not yet been posted here.

Well, you've beat me to it... ;-)

>--
>Ludovic Brenta.

Dirk
Dirk.Craeynest@cs.kuleuven.be (for Ada-Belgium/-Europe/SIGAda/WG9 mail)

*** 12th Intl.Conf.on Reliable Software Technologies - Ada-Europe'2007
*** June 25-29, 2007 * Geneva, Switzerland * http://www.ada-europe.org