* ASIS questions
@ 2005-08-08 21:22 James Alan Farrell
From: James Alan Farrell @ 2005-08-08 21:22 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi all,
A couple questions on ASIS:
1. I have a variant record declaration.  I can find all the fields,
including those inside the case statement.  But I cannot find the
parameters.  How do I get the parameters of a variant record?
2. I have an record aggregate, and I need to find the record
declaration.  In particular, I need to know how many fields the record
contains when I have something like (A, B, others => C).  How do I find
the record declaration?

Thanks,
James Alan Farrell

[-- Attachment #2: jfarrell.vcf --]

begin:vcard
fn:James Alan Farrell
n:Farrell;James
org:GrammaTech
version:2.1
end:vcard

* Re: ASIS questions
@ 2005-08-09  8:41 ` Jean-Pierre Rosen
From: Jean-Pierre Rosen @ 2005-08-09  8:41 UTC (permalink / raw)

James Alan Farrell a �crit :
> Hi all,
> A couple questions on ASIS:
> 1. I have a variant record declaration.  I can find all the fields,
> including those inside the case statement.  But I cannot find the
> parameters.  How do I get the parameters of a variant record?
Asis.Declarations.Discriminant_Part

Note that these components are called "discriminants", not "parameters".
That can explain why you didn't find them...

> 2. I have an record aggregate, and I need to find the record
> declaration.  In particular, I need to know how many fields the record
> contains when I have something like (A, B, others => C).  How do I find
> the record declaration?

Corresponding_Expression_Type of the Aggregate will return the
corresponding type declaration.

            J-P. Rosen (rosen@adalog.fr)

* Re: ASIS questions
@ 2005-08-09 14:10   ` James Alan Farrell