* MingGW and AdaGIDE
@ 2005-06-08  1:01 Jeffrey Carter
From: Jeffrey Carter @ 2005-06-08  1:01 UTC (permalink / raw)

I downloaded MinGW (3.2.0) and also AdaGIDE (7.30). When I start
AdaGIDE, I get a dialog saying that GNAT is not installed. Other than
that, it works fine, and I'm able to compile and build from AdaGIDE.
Does anyone know how to get rid of the irritating dialog?

--
Jeff Carter
"C++ is like jamming a helicopter inside a Miata

* Re: MingGW and AdaGIDE
@ 2005-06-10  9:59 ` Alfred Hilscher
From: Alfred Hilscher @ 2005-06-10  9:59 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi Jeffrey,

AdaGide looks for the registry key "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Ada Core
Technologies\GNAT". If it cannot access this key, you get the message
"GNAT not installed". So in your case it is possible, that you either do
not have this registry key or you are not privileged to access it.
AdaGide uses it, to find the GNAT binary directory to add it to the PATH
environment variable. As in many cases the PATH already includes the
"...GNAT\bin"  this is not really needed for correct work.
So check  your registry, and - if not correct - correct it, or -
otherwise - simply ignore the message. Maybe later versions of AdaGide
should check if the binaries are already in the PATH.

Jeffrey Carter schrieb:

> I downloaded MinGW (3.2.0) and also AdaGIDE (7.30). When I start
> AdaGIDE, I get a dialog saying that GNAT is not installed. Other than
> that, it works fine, and I'm able to compile and build from AdaGIDE.
> Does anyone know how to get rid of the irritating dialog?
>
> --
> Jeff Carter
> "C++ is like jamming a helicopter inside a Miata
> and expecting some sort of improvement."
> Drew Olbrich
> 51

To send me mail, please replace "Spam" by "Jedermann"