From: Manuel Collado <m.collado@lml.ls.fi.upm.es>
Subject: Re: gnat: symbolic traceback on exceptions
Date: Wed, 25 May 2005 11:53:48 +0200
Date: 2005-05-25T11:53:48+02:00	[thread overview]

gautier_niouzes@hotmail.com escribi�:
> Manuel Collado:
>
>>>Did you try it with AdaGide with switch "Trace exception" set? Compile F3,
>>>run F4.
>>
>>No, I din't. But I've done it now without success. It seems that the
>>"Trace exceptions" option lets AdaGide to run the program through an
>>"AD" utility that interfaces with GDB. In my machine AD itself seems to
>>crash. Example:
>
> (...)
>
> This AD should disappear one day - I don't know if it even sometimes
> works...

Looking at the sources I see that your original AD was written for
MS-DOS, and that AdaGide contains a modified version for WinNT. But even
the adapted sources have not been updated since 1999.

> The solution to your problem ("the GNAT 3.13+ way") is, generically
> written:

...[code snipped]...

Yes, this is an interesting alternative.

> Of course you can do it without the generic wrapper, just paste
> the exception part at the end of your main procedure.

I've put the message reporting code in a separate subroutine, called
from the exception part of the main procedure.

> The switches mentioned in the above code correspond to the compiler
> switches "debug info" and "trace-back" in the "Debugging" group
> of AdaGIDE's "Project settings" -> "Debug/Release settings".

Your post has alerted me about a new version of AdaGide. I was using
v7.0, thas has a different set of options. After installing v7.3 I see a
checkbox that enables/disables the usage of AD.

Thanks, a lot.
--
To reply by e-mail, please remove the extra dot
in the given address:  m.collado -> mcollado