From: "Alex R. Mosteo" <devnull@mailinator.com>
Subject: Re: XMLAda dom document to string
Date: Wed, 13 Apr 2005 09:03:58 +0200
Date: 2005-04-13T09:03:58+02:00	[thread overview]

Bj�rn Lundin wrote:
> Hello!
>
> Is there a way of converting a dom document from
> XML/Ada (1.0) to a string?
>
> I found a Print in DOM.Core.Nodes that prints out a document to std out.
> That is actually what I want, but to a string instead, that I can put
> through a socket later on.
>
> I'm sure I've missed something obvious, but I can't see through it.
>
> I've also found on a wiki, a way of walking the nodes in a document., by
> David Button,
> I've been thinking of using it, as a template for a new
> procedure/function that does what I want,
> but I thought I'd ask here first, before I invent the wheel again.

AFAIK, this is not present in that release of XML/Ada. I modified the
Print function to get a string. You can look at it at

http://deepsix.homeip.net/svn/Adagio%20head/src/agpl/dom-core-nodes-output.ads
http://deepsix.homeip.net/svn/Adagio%20head/src/agpl/dom-core-nodes-output.adb

but be warned that it performs some pretty printing and by that reason
Windows-style new lines are embedded in the resulting string.

You may want then to use a shrinking function or simply remove the
tidying code. (I have mine at:)

http://deepsix.homeip.net/svn/Adagio%20head/src/storage/adagio-xml.ads

Look for the Compress function.

I'm sure I've talked about this with other people in some mailing list,
so no doubt there are alternate solutions out there. It's possible that
CVS XML/Ada has it already.

Kind regards,

A. Mosteo.