From: sommar@enea.se (Erland Sommarskog)
Subject: Re: Ada and the infamous goto
Date: 19 Jan 89 22:37:13 GMT	[thread overview]

>Speaking of the non-goto rationale behind Ada, can anyone tell me
>why Ada has a goto statement??  (See LRM 5.9...)  The Rationale for
>the Design of Ada conveniently fails to discuss it.

Besides automatic translation from other 3rd generation langauges
that were mentioned, we also have the case of kinds automatically
generated code which could be easier to produce. (SQL-Ada maybe?)
Thus, code that is never to be looked at or maintained. (Well,
it's probably looked at in the debugger.)

Just because it's there, you don't have to use it.
--
Erland Sommarskog
ENEA Data, Stockholm              This signature is not to be quoted.