From: "Martin Dowie" <martin.dowie@baesystems.com>
Subject: Re: non-library level finalization
Date: Mon, 21 Mar 2005 09:01:30 -0000
Date: 2005-03-21T09:01:49+00:00	[thread overview]

tmoran@acm.org wrote:
> I have a generic package that would benefit from doing some cleanup
> when an instantiation disappears.  It can't just declare a (private)
> Finalization_Controlled object because that would require all
> instantiations to be at library level.  Suggestions?

Other than waiting for Ada2005...

...could you wrap it in some sort of Unbounded_String - isn't there
some sort of compiler 'magic' required to ensure that there is effectively
some sort of GC for this type? (RM A.4.5 "No storage associated with
an Unbounded_String object shall be lost upon assignment or scope exit.").

Not sure how you'd get this to work (I'm barely awake yet!) but just a
thought...

Cheers

-- Martin