* GNAT for linux 2005: latest release
@ 2007-11-23 21:56 gpriv
From: gpriv @ 2007-11-23 21:56 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hello,

I am new to ada and more in exploration mode. I am writing the test
app. to compare ada to native code with c# (already written). It is a
server application (no GUI). One of the main attractions in using Ada
is ability to use same source code for multiple platforms. So far, the
effort was going pretty well except that I encountered 2005 issues on
linux.

It seems that  linux implementation is missing Time_zones and it fails
to compile protected type implementations of interfaces. Those are
ones that I encountered so far.  Am I using the latest release?
(4.1)   Is there more recent built out there?

Thanks in advance,

George

* Re: GNAT for linux 2005: latest release
@ 2007-11-23 22:42 ` Samuel Tardieu
From: Samuel Tardieu @ 2007-11-23 22:42 UTC (permalink / raw)

George> It seems that linux implementation is missing Time_zones and
George> it fails to compile protected type implementations of
George> interfaces. Those are ones that I encountered so far.  Am I
George> using the latest release?  (4.1) Is there more recent built
George> out there?

You can get 4.2 on Debian.

  Sam
--
Samuel Tardieu -- sam@rfc1149.net -- http://www.rfc1149.net/

* Re: GNAT for linux 2005: latest release
@ 2007-11-24  7:41   ` Martin Krischik
From: Martin Krischik @ 2007-11-24  7:41 UTC (permalink / raw)

Samuel Tardieu wrote:

> George> It seems that linux implementation is missing Time_zones and
> George> it fails to compile protected type implementations of
> George> interfaces. Those are ones that I encountered so far.  Am I
> George> using the latest release?  (4.1) Is there more recent built
> George> out there?
>
> You can get 4.2 on Debian.

SuSE 10.3 comes with 4.2.1 :-) and I have just compiled my own 4.2.2 - mind
you it failed on the Java backend :-/ .

Martin
--
mailto://krischik@users.sourceforge.net

* Re: GNAT for linux 2005: latest release
@ 2007-11-25 13:26     ` Ludovic Brenta
From: Ludovic Brenta @ 2007-11-25 13:26 UTC (permalink / raw)

Martin Krischik <krischik@users.sourceforge.net> writes:

>> George> It seems that linux implementation is missing Time_zones and
>> George> it fails to compile protected type implementations of
>> George> interfaces. Those are ones that I encountered so far.  Am I
>> George> using the latest release?  (4.1) Is there more recent built
>> George> out there?
>>
>> You can get 4.2 on Debian.
>
> SuSE 10.3 comes with 4.2.1 :-) and I have just compiled my own 4.2.2 - mind
> you it failed on the Java backend :-/ .

The 4.2 on Debian is actually 4.2.2 with all patches on the 4.2 branch
until 2007-10-23, and then some :)

--
Ludovic Brenta.

* Re: GNAT for linux 2005: latest release
@ 2007-11-25 21:42       ` gpriv
From: gpriv @ 2007-11-25 21:42 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Nov 25, 8:26 am, Ludovic Brenta <ludo...@ludovic-brenta.org> wrote:
> Martin Krischik <krisc...@users.sourceforge.net> writes:

> >> George> It seems that linux implementation is missing Time_zones and
> >> George> it fails to compile protected type implementations of
> >> George> interfaces. Those are ones that I encountered so far.  Am I
> >> George> using the latest release?  (4.1) Is there more recent built
> >> George> out there?
>
> >> You can get 4.2 on Debian.
>
> > SuSE 10.3 comes with 4.2.1 :-) and I have just compiled my own 4.2.2 - mind
> > you it failed on the Java backend :-/ .
>
> The 4.2 on Debian is actually 4.2.2 with all patches on the 4.2 branch
> until 2007-10-23, and then some :)
>
> --
> Ludovic Brenta.

Thanks, everyone for the input.  I am using Debian just to keep the
compatibility in check while do all development on XP.  I have also
noticed that GPS crashes when I am trying to open any of the source
file.  It seems that the fonts are missing?

George.

* Re: GPS crashes
@ 2007-11-26 20:41         ` Ludovic Brenta
From: Ludovic Brenta @ 2007-11-26 20:41 UTC (permalink / raw)

gpriv@axonx.com writes:
> Thanks, everyone for the input.  I am using Debian just to keep the
> compatibility in check while do all development on XP.  I have also
> noticed that GPS crashes when I am trying to open any of the source
> file.  It seems that the fonts are missing?

Is that related to

?

--
Ludovic Brenta.

* Re: GPS crashes
@ 2007-11-29  5:37           ` gpriv
From: gpriv @ 2007-11-29  5:37 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Nov 26, 3:41 pm, Ludovic Brenta <ludo...@ludovic-brenta.org> wrote:
> gp...@axonx.com writes:
> > Thanks, everyone for the input.  I am using Debian just to keep the
> > compatibility in check while do all development on XP.  I have also
> > noticed that GPS crashes when I am trying to open any of the source
> > file.  It seems that the fonts are missing?
>
> Is that related to
>
> http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=400876http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=400883http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=414615
>
> ?
>
> --
> Ludovic Brenta.

No, it was doing under K-Desktop, on Gnome is fine.

George