From: Jarimatti Valkonen <javalkon@hytti.uku.fi>
Subject: Re: Computer Programming
Date: 15 Feb 2005 09:54:12 +0200
Date: 2005-02-15T09:54:12+02:00	[thread overview]

Follow-ups to comp.lang.ada.

Thomas Rast wrote (in response to werty):

> Next, learn about what programming languages have become since "the
> days when".  C has evolved, and is widely used.  Other languages that
> I think are interesting include (in no particular order):
>
> - C{++,#}
> - Perl
> - Python
> - Java
> - Haskell
> - OCaML
> - Smalltalk
> - Ruby
> - Lisp
> - Tcl
>
> (If anyone knows a language that offers yet another angle at
> programming, please tell me about it!)

Have you tried Ada? Though I'm not sure (as a hobbyist programmer) if it
offers anything new to that list, perhaps strong typing. The wise people
at comp.lang.ada know better, so follow-ups go there.

About strong typing in Ada:
http://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/Programming:Ada:Types

--
Jarimatti Valkonen