From: sommar@enea.se (Erland Sommarskog)
Subject: Re: Ada/UNIX(tm) and the NAME function
Date: 1 Jan 89 00:01:50 GMT	[thread overview]

Dik T. Winter (dik@cwi.nl) writes:
>And note also that getwd (in C terms, getcwd is Fortran I believe) may fail.
>It will do so if the parent directory of one of the directories has
>execute permission only, no read permission.  In that case a file may
>be opened, but it is not possible to get an absolute path name.

I guess this is what happens when you type "pwd" and get something like
"...can't open". This is the occassion when you as VMS-raised person get
very confused and wonder where you are. Such things just doesn't happen
on that system...
--
Erland Sommarskog
ENEA Data, Stockholm              This signature is not to be quoted.