From: Adrien Plisson <aplisson-news@stochastique.net>
Subject: Re: Unchecked_Conversion help needed
Date: Wed, 22 Dec 2004 10:21:55 +0100
Date: 2004-12-22T10:21:55+01:00	[thread overview]

rcarnesiii wrote:
> I used Ada many years ago and am now getting back into it. Here's my
> problem, I have to applications and am sending messages between them.

[...]

>       Message => Message(X)'Address,

[...]

>              Message : in System.Address;

don't forget that most operating systems have memory protection and
virtual memory managers. so an address in one process is invalid in
another process (at least it is not required to point to the same
physical memory location).

so be careful when using System.Address.

also i'm not sure using System.Address is a good programming practice,
unless you are talking with an application implemented using a
"low-level" language as C. you may consider creating a message type.

--
rien