From: Adrien Plisson <aplisson-news@stochastique.net>
Subject: Re: Port LPT + ADA (whta do I wrong?)
Date: Mon, 13 Dec 2004 00:03:16 +0100
Date: 2004-12-13T00:03:16+01:00	[thread overview]

Brian May wrote:
> Some quotes at http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/dllproc/base/synchronization_and_overlapped_input_and_output.asp:
>
> "[...] Functions called for overlapped operation can return
> immediately, even though the operation has not been completed. [...]
> For example, a single thread can perform simultaneous I/O operations
> on different handles, or even simultaneous read and write operations
> on the same handle."
>
> "To synchronize its execution with the completion of the overlapped
> operation, the calling thread uses the GetOverlappedResult function or
> one of the wait functions to determine when the overlapped operation
> has been completed. You can also use the HasOverlappedIoCompleted
> macro to poll for completion."
>
> It doesn't say anything about an ERROR_IO_PENDING or that you should
> make the same IO call again.

three pargraphs down:

"When a function is called to perform an overlapped operation, it is
possible that the operation will be completed before the function
returns. When this happens, the results are handled as if the operation
had been performed synchronously. If the operation was not completed,
however, the function's return value is FALSE, and the GetLastError
function returns ERROR_IO_PENDING."

--
rien