From: RAMatthews <ramatthews@noone.nowhere>
Subject: Re: Possible Memory Leak
Date: Thu, 25 Nov 2004 17:49:44 +0000
Date: 2004-11-25T17:49:44+00:00	[thread overview]

Randy Brukardt wrote:
> "R A Matthews" <ram@noone.nowhere> wrote in message
>
>>This is probably one for the language lawyers...

>>Is the Standard wrong?
>

> Yes. We ran across this when we were developing Claw; the (now) SofCheck
> front-end followed the Standard language to the letter, and its a mess. We
> tried to fix the wording in the Corrigendum, but it took a long time to get
> it right, so it had to wait for the Amendment (that is, Ada 2005). See
> AI-147. (You'll note that there is a lot more confused in this area than
> just 7.6.1(21).)
>
>                 Randy Brukardt

Thank you.

With AI-147 in mind, I will assume that for the type of problem
in my orginal posting:
1) Where a compiler uses a temporary for assignment, then Adjust
    and Finalize are applied so that the target variable is adjusted
    and no memory leaks occur.
2) It is not necessary to introduce an aliased component just to
    make this work - so no use of Inner_Type, as in my original
    posting.

Robert A. Matthews