From: Georg Bauhaus <sb463ba@uni-duisburg.de>
Subject: Re: ANN: ASIS2XML 20041024a
Date: Mon, 25 Oct 2004 13:58:01 +0200
Date: 2004-10-25T15:54:15+02:00	[thread overview]

Martin Krischik wrote:

> The real advantage would be the ability to display the model with any
> program capable of XMI import - wich should render better then an normal
> XML Browser.

An advantage of XML is its accompanying standard XSL. :-)
If you know of a good way to translate the XML representation
of an Ada program into XMI, that is "just" a matter of
writing the corresponding XSL Transformation program.

Another nice side effect of having an XML representation of
an Ada program is that you can now generate FOs from the
XML output, and pass that on to formatters or transformers.
(This doesn't solve the problems of vertical formatting
(breaks, pages, etc.) though, if necessary.)
Still AFAICS, you would have to find your own way of adding
the all-important information in program text to the
XML-output: comments. ;-)

I'm really glad that somebody has found the time to produce
a tool that transforms ASIS information into an XML
representation. I think in the long run this will open doors
to many useful applications dealing with program information.

Thanks!

-- Georg