From: Jerry Petrey <jdpetreyAPPENDIX@raytheon.com>
Subject: Re: Ada and Robotics (for fun)?
Date: Wed, 29 Sep 2004 10:00:10 -0700
Date: 2004-09-29T10:00:10-07:00	[thread overview]

Chris Humphries wrote (with deletions):

> Hello,
>
>         Just for fun, I thought it would be interesting to
>   do hobby like ada programming on robots. From searching
>   google, most I got was references to using Ada for lego
>   mindstorms. That seems like fun, anyone have experience in
>   this?
>
>         Here are some of the links for Lego Mindstorm:
>         1) http://www.faginfamily.net/barry/Papers/AdaLetters.htm
>         2) http://www.usafa.af.mil/dfcs/bios/mcc_html/adagide.html
>         3) http://www.usafa.af.mil/dfcs/Ada_Mindstorms_manual.htm
>
>         Hope this wasn't off-base with this, but all programmers
>   like to play in programming that isn't "work"? Plus, robots are
>   cool.
>
> Thanks,
> Chris

Mr. Fagan has done a nice job with Ada Mindstorms.  I hope it continues to
evolve.

You can get the AdaGide add-on for Ada Mindstorms at:
ftp://ftp.usafa.af.mil/pub/dfcs/fagin/adamindstorms-install.exe

Jerry
-- Jerry Petrey   -   Senior Principal Systems Engineer
-- Navigation (GPS/INS), Guidance, & Control
-- Raytheon Missile Systems  - Member Team Ada & Team Forth
-- NOTE: please perform appendectomy on email address before replying