* DBF
@ 2002-04-20 22:07 Mikel Larreategi
From: Mikel Larreategi @ 2002-04-20 22:07 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi !

Does anyone know, any package or something to read DBF files with Ada?
I know, y can convert DBF files to CSV and then read them like a plain text
document, but if it's possible i'd like to read directly DBF files.

Thanks a lot

Mikel Larreategi
Euskal Herria

* Re: DBF
@ 2002-04-20 22:11 ` Preben Randhol
From: Preben Randhol @ 2002-04-20 22:11 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Sat, 20 Apr 2002 22:07:35 GMT, Mikel Larreategi wrote:
> Hi !
>
> Does anyone know, any package or something to read DBF files with Ada?

What is a DBF file?

Preben

* Re: DBF
@ 2002-04-20 22:35   ` Mikel Larreategi
From: Mikel Larreategi @ 2002-04-20 22:35 UTC (permalink / raw)

Preben Randhol <randhol+abuse@pvv.org> wrote in

> On Sat, 20 Apr 2002 22:07:35 GMT, Mikel Larreategi wrote:
>> Hi !
>>
>> Does anyone know, any package or something to read DBF files with Ada?
>
> What is a DBF file?

Data Base File. Files containing Data, organized in columns, usually used
with dBase.

* Re: DBF
@ 2002-04-21 15:04 ` Dmitriy Anisimkov
From: Dmitriy Anisimkov @ 2002-04-21 15:04 UTC (permalink / raw)

> Does anyone know, any package or something to read DBF files with Ada?
> I know, y can convert DBF files to CSV and then read them like a plain text
> document, but if it's possible i'd like to read directly DBF files.
> Does anyone know, any package or something to read DBF files with Ada?
> I know, y can convert DBF files to CSV and then read them like a plain text
> document, but if it's possible i'd like to read directly DBF files.

DBF files accessible thru the ODBC interface, at least under the Win32 platform.
You can use ODBC binding from the GNADE package
http://gnade.sourceforge.net/

or thru the Pascal Obry ODBC bindings.

http://perso.wanadoo.fr/pascal.obry/contrib.html

or something else Ada95 ODBC bindings.

* Re: DBF
@ 2002-04-21 17:54   ` Florian Weimer
From: Florian Weimer @ 2002-04-21 17:54 UTC (permalink / raw)

Preben Randhol <randhol+abuse@pvv.org> writes:

>> Does anyone know, any package or something to read DBF files with Ada?
>
> What is a DBF file?

A storage format for database tables created by Ashton Tate for
dBase III.  At least that's what *I* think people mean when they talk
about DBF files. ;-)