From: Marin David Condic <nobody@noplace.com>
Subject: Re: Orders of Fault Management
Date: Wed, 11 Aug 2004 11:49:40 GMT
Date: 2004-08-11T11:49:40+00:00	[thread overview]

One can state anything in the requirements, but the ultimate question is
"Can I use this software to get my job done?" and a misspelled or
slightly erroneous error message may be incorrect, but doesn't stop you
from using the software to accomplish the job. Even in more serious
issues of functionality, one can decide that a bug isn't stopping the
product from accomplishing its mission. Does that mean the requirements
were overstated? Possibly. Or it possibly means that you get what you
settle for. You may want X but you'll settle for X - 1.

MDC

Dmitry A. Kazakov wrote:

> It depends on whether the requirement was to bring up *an* or *the* error
> message. One of our programmers customary uses obscene language in all
> message boxes, which should never appear. Unfortunately they do! (:-))

Marin David Condic
I work for: http://www.belcan.com/
My project is: http://www.jsf.mil/NSFrames.htm

Send Replies To: m   o   d   c @ a   m   o   g
                    c   n   i       c   .   r

     "All reformers, however strict their social conscience,
      live in houses just as big as they can pay for."

          --Logan Pearsall Smith