From: "bm34mailing<<SPAM-SUCKS>>" <"bm34mailing<<SPAM-SUCKS>>"@yahoo.ca>
Subject: Re: Newbie Visibility Problem TEXT_IO.INTEGER_IO
Date: Wed, 02 Jun 2004 21:39:07 GMT
Date: 2004-06-02T21:39:07+00:00	[thread overview]

Hi Simon:

Thanks for the response. I tried to use your suggestion, but I still
could not build the app. However, I considered your thought on visibility:

<snip>

 > Well, no, that use makes the contents of text_io visible, not the
 > thing itself.

<snip>

I added the lines:

with Ada;
use Ada;

to make the contents of Ada (i.e Text_IO) visible. This works as I
expected. This does not seem like the best way to resolve the problem,
but I am less than two days into learning about Ada, so I will reserve
final judgment until my understanding of the syntax improves.

Thanks again for the help Simon. I appreciate the quick response.

Bill