From: Marius Amado-Alves <amado.alves@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: Generic formal type with 'Image
Date: Thu, 7 Jun 2018 01:35:56 -0700 (PDT)
Date: 2018-06-07T01:35:56-07:00	[thread overview]

Fascinating indeed, thanks.

My gut feeling is that the assertion

   X = T'Value(T'Image(X))

should be met for all types with 'Image.

'Image for records would be really useful!

Also useful (and easy) would be an Object'Image utility (like GNAT's 'Img) for all types with 'Image.

/* Also note that 'Image for arrays (with the 'Value rule above) could create too large strings, say of 20M characters, for a 1000x1000 matrix. Programmer's responsability, I know. Ok since it's just for debugging I guess. */

Sorry if this has been discussed/decided already in the AI. (I see there that Randy supports the Value rule.)