From: "Roger Blum" <roger_blum@swissonline.ch>
Subject: Re: Gnat Glade newbie questions
Date: Mon, 5 Apr 2004 10:52:40 +0200
Date: 2004-04-05T10:52:40+02:00	[thread overview]

Hello Ludovic and Duncan,

Thanks a lot for your replies and sorry for my late answer, but I've been
out of town for a couple of days.

I 've found installation instructions for glade on Linux at
http://www.univ-orleans.fr/SCIENCES/INFO/RESSOURCES/doc-install-gnat-linux.html.
Althoug anything didn't behave as described, I finally succeeded in building
GLADE 3.15p on Linux.
But when I do a gnatmake for my test programs, I get an error (s-stratt.adb
has to be recompiled), so something still is wrong.
Do you know how to fix this problem?

About migration on openMosix (a Linux Kernel extension for building Clusters
with automatic process migration (in a view simple words)):
Do no processes (partitions) migrate on openMosix, or is it just the server
partition containing the routines called by RPC?
If processes definitively do not migrate on openMosix, then GLADE is not an
option for me, and I have to find another way to implement
the distributed version of my simulation software.

About PVM and MPI:
PVM is an integrated set of software tools and libraries that emulates a
general-purpose, flexible, heterogeneous parallel computing
framework on interconnected computers of varied architecture. (From 'Beowulf
Cluster Computing with Linux').
MPI is a standardized specification of a Message Passing Interface. It's
implementations support the writing of parallel programs.
Both are mainly used by C/C++ routines and I've even found a link to an Ada
binding (maybe outdated). I will continue investigating these
two as possibilities, too.

Debian is not an option for me at the moment as the simulation platform is
fix (Linux / openMosix).

Thanks again,
Roger

"Ludovic Brenta" <ludovic.brenta@insalien.org> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> "Roger Blum" <roger_blum@swissonline.ch> writes:
>
> > - All my tries to build and use GNAT Glade 3.15p from the source failed.
> >   Has anybody a working binary of GNAT Glade 3.15p for Windows and/or
Linux